LOUISVILLE CORPORATE GAMES COVID-19 OPERATIONS PLAN
The Louisville Corporate Games (LCG) 2020 is comprised of 12 different activities that will take place on various fields and courts spread across 20+ acres at E.P. “Tom” Sawyer State Park. In preparation for this year’s event, our team at the Louisville Sports Commission (LSC) researched sports industry best practices and reviewed how businesses and events are reopening in Kentucky to create an operations plan that addresses concerns regarding COVID-19. Our number one goal is to ensure all of our participants, staff and volunteers have a safe and fun experience.
The following are highlights of the COVID plan:
- The number of participating companies/teams will be capped at 40, a reduction of 40 percent.
- Participants will be required to wear protective masks or buffs when not competing in events.
- LCG staff and volunteers will wear protective face coverings at all times and protective gloves when appropriate.
- LCG staff will work with team captains, staff and volunteers to ensure we have contact tracing information for all participants.
- LCG staff will communicate with team captains regarding all new health and safety guidelines.
- Companies will be required to provide their team members with face coverings, which are to be worn during any non-competition activity.
- Event staff will do temperature checks with all participants as they enter the property. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or above will be excluded from participating in LCG.
- Staff and volunteers will also have their temperature taken prior to the event and anyone who has a temperature of 100.4 degrees will be sent home.
- LSC will not provide hydration or food for participants. Companies are allowed to provide hydration and food for their employees. All liquids must be served in individual bottles and food must be prepackaged.
- Hand washing and sanitizing stations will be available in key areas throughout the venue.
- There will be ample sanitation options such as sinks or hand sanitizer stations immediately outside each portable toilet cluster. Volunteers will continuously clean throughout the event day. The number of portable toilets will be increased to lower the ratio of race participants per portable toilet.
- The layout of the various events and event queuing lines has been adjusted to ensure social distancing.
- Venue set-up and flow has been designed to encourage physical distancing.
- Several events deemed “contact sports” have been eliminated for 2020; several new events were added to the schedule.
- LCG rules of play for all events have been updated to promote social distancing.
Click HERE for a PDF for additional, in-depth information regarding the safety protocols that have been put in place for the 2020 LCG.
Please note that if circumstances regarding the reopening of events in Kentucky should change, we may need to make additional adjustments to our LCG event plans.